What goes in your landfill bin
Your landfill bin is for non-recyclable waste only.
Search for a waste item:
Items NOT accepted:
- Garden waste
- DIY waste (e.g. rubble, paint cans, plasterboard – take to nearest recycling centre
- Food waste
- Electrical and electronic equipment – take to nearest recycling centre or return to supplier
- Batteries – take to nearest recycling centre or return to supplier
A large range of materials can also be recycled at your local household recycling centre.
Leaving your bin out for collection
- Bins should be left out for collection by 6.00am at the kerbside or curtilage of your property
- Lids should be closed with handles facing out
- Additional side waste will not be collected except in exceptional circumstances (adverse weather, vehicle breakdown, road closures) which will be detailed on the service updates page
- Prevent access issues on collection days by showing consideration when parking
- Bins should be brought in promptly after collection so they don't cause an obstruction
We will not empty any bins which contain material that is not permitted. A contamination sticker or card will be placed on your bin to advise you it contains unsuitable material.
You must remove all unsuitable items and present the bin for collection on the next scheduled collection day.
For more information please phone 028 9244 7300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org