Temporary collection measures
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are reducing the direct handling of materials by staff.
In order to achieve this, new collection measures were introduced in April 2020.
Only the following groups of items are accepted in each box:
We are now collecting textiles again. Please ensure they are clean and dry. Tie them in a bag and leave them out for collection beside your kerbie boxes.
- Shoes (in pairs)
- Bed sheets
- Duvet covers and pillow cases
Items NOT accepted:
- Duvets or pillows
Overflow bagged waste
If you have extra recycling you can order an additional box. Alternatively, you can use overflow bags. Only put one type of material in each bag. Never put glass in overflow bags.
- Boxes should be left out for collection by 7.00am at the kerbside or curtilage of your property
- Materials must be sorted as shown above or boxes will not be emptied.
- If you only have 1 or 2 boxes please alternate the materials each week. For example, the first week put paper and cardboard in one box and put plastics, cans, foil, cartons and aerosols in the other box. The next week put glass in one box and cardboard in the other (depending on your household requirements) - or order additional boxes
- While these temporary changes are in place it doesn't matter what colour of box you use.
- Sorry but we can't collect shredded paper, batteries or hand tools at this time.
- Ensure all items are clean and dry, and don’t contain any food or drink residue.
- Save space by flattening cans, cartons, plastics and cardboard.
A large range of materials can also be recycled at your local household recycling centre.
We will not empty any boxes that contain material that is not permitted. A contamination sticker or card will be placed on your box to advise you it contains unsuitable material.
You must remove all unsuitable items and present the box for collection on the next scheduled collection day.
For more information please phone 028 9244 7300 or email email@example.com
Need a new kerbie box? Order a bin, box, caddy or composter