The Lisburn & Castlereagh City Business Awards in association with SERC took place at La Mon Hotel & Country Club on Friday evening (24th February). It was an occasion of celebration for local business owners, employees and council representatives who attended the black-tie event.
The awards celebrated and recognised the high-performing, diverse and exciting range of businesses across Lisburn & Castlereagh, from manufacturing, engineering, retail to tech, social economy and services.
Awards were presented across 14 diverse categories, demonstrating business excellence in areas such as customer service, manufacturing, contribution to the community and outstanding practices to champion innovation.
Reflecting on the award ceremony, Alderman Allan Ewart MBE, Chair of the council’s Development Committee said,
“It’s been three years since the awards took place due to the impact of COVID-19, but having the prestigious black tie event back in full swing at the La Mon Hotel & Country Club was superb.
It was a fantastic night and great to be back celebrating with our local business community, which included a broad mix of small, medium and large companies. The awards demonstrated the achievements and successes of these truly remarkable companies and recognise the entrepreneurial talent we have in the Lisburn & Castlereagh area.
On behalf of the council, I would like to thank all of the sponsors who made this happen and congratulate all the businesses who entered, made the shortlist, and of course the winners.”
A full list of the 2023 winners are listed below. To view the gallery from the awards ceremony, please click here.
- Best New Business Award sponsored by Inspire Business Centre: Smooth Communications
- Excellence in Customer Service Award sponsored by Ulster Tatler: Leckey
- Best Tourism Business Award sponsored by Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council: Down Royal Racecourse
- Innovation Award sponsored by South Eastern Regional College: McCulla Ireland
- Excellence in Manufacturing Award sponsored by Lisburn Chamber of Commerce: KME Steelworks
- Best Social Enterprise Business Award sponsored by Social Enterprise NI: Stepping Stones NI
- Best Licensed Eating Establishment Award sponsored by Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council: The Ivanhoe Hotel Bar & Grill Bistro
- Best Non-Licensed Eating Establishment Award sponsored by Pure Roast Coffee: Percival
- Excellence in Contribution to the Community Award sponsored by Bank of Ireland: Greenview
- Best Family Business Award sponsored by Lisburn Enterprise Organisation: The Ivanhoe Hotel
- Best Company to Work For Award sponsored by Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council: Leckey
- Business Success Award sponsored by GMcG Chartered Accountants: Pure Roast Coffee
- Rising Star Award sponsored by McCulla Ireland: 15 year old Oliver Anderson, Ollies Patisserie, Moira
- Lisburn & Castlereagh Business Person of the Year sponsored by Dalzell Property: Philip Morrow, PRM