The grant aid programme provides financial help to athletes or sports clubs who require help with competition expenses.
Applicants must reside in the Lisburn & Castlereagh area. The grant covers accommodation and travel for competitions outside of Northern Ireland.
Guide to Grant Aid
Sport Lisburn & Castlereagh is financially supported by Lisburn and Castlereagh City Council (LCCC) to enable it to encourage, advise and support the development of sport in Lisburn and Castlereagh.
The decision of Sport Lisburn & Castlereagh is final and all grants are subject to audit by us.
Grants will only be offered to Sports Clubs in our area that are affiliated to Sport Lisburn & Castlereagh.
Grants to individuals will only be considered if they have a permanent address in the LCCC area and participate in sporting activities which are not for profit.
Sport Lisburn & Castlereagh will only forward grant payment on delivery of relevant receipts, which correspond to the original grant application. Payment will not be made prior to the event.
Points to note:
- all requests must be submitted on official application forms, fully completed and with appropriate signatures and National Governing Body support. Note that there are separate forms for club and individual applications
- Sport Lisburn & Castlereagh will acknowledge all requests and will not consider grant aid in retrospect
- the amount of financial assistance received or applied for in the previous 12 months from other sources (such as Lottery Sports Fund, Mary Peters Trust, National Governing Body, Educational Establishment) and sponsorship must be declared and will be taken into account when considering grant requests
- Sport Lisburn & Castlereagh must relate the amount of grant applied for to its financial resources and needs at the time of an application
- if the application is from a club, a current constitution and most recent audited accounts must be submitted. Where these may not be available Sport Lisburn & Castlereagh will require a satisfactory explanation before considering the application.
- any member of Sport Lisburn & Castlereagh must declare their interest in a submission for grant aid
- a club or individual can make only one successful application for grant aid in any 12 month period
- only fully completed applications will be considered
Sport Lisburn & Castlereagh must be recognised in all press release and social media content.
Applications will be considered from individuals who have a permanent residence in our area as follows:
1. Competitions outside Northern Ireland where they have been selected by their Governing Body or qualified to represent their sport at national level or above. Grant may include travel, accommodation and entry fee. Personal clothing and equipment will not be considered.
2. Course fees that lead to UKCC Level 1 qualification or above. Where the course is based outside Northern Ireland travel and accommodation may also be considered.
3. Training/preparation which is clearly a requirement as part of a national squad development and is based outside Northern Ireland.
4. Grant aid may be considered for other aspects of coaches’, officials’ and competitors’ development. A case must be submitted in detail for consideration with the support of the Governing Body.
N.B When a number of individual applications are received for financial assistance to travel to the same venue/competition Sport Lisburn & Castlereagh may consider the application as one.
Applications will be considered from affiliated clubs as follows:
1. Competitions/events outside Northern Ireland where the club has qualified or been selected by their Governing Body. Grant may include competition fees, travel and accommodation.
2. A newly established open club which is providing a new opportunity for sport participation in our area. This is a one off grant which may be used for resources, hiring of facilities, coaching etc.
3. Special events which are innovative and promote greater participation for those residing in our area.
Download Individual Application form
Download Club Application form
Sending your forms to us
Please return completed individual or club applications by email to either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
leave them to the reception of Lagan Valley LeisurePlex for the attention of Julie Patton or the reception of Lough Moss Leisure Centre for the attention of Faron Morrison.