To help reduce the number of people coming into the building and the amount of time spent in the office, we would ask you to complete one of the following:
Please complete Birth Registration form by clicking here, save and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unable to fill the form in online you can print it out, complete it by hand, and return it to the office, either by scanning and emailing it to email@example.com or by posting it to Lisburn Registration Office, Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council, Civic Headquarters, Island Civic Centre, Lisburn, BT27 4RL
If you do not have access to a printer please contact us by calling 028 9244 7263 and we can post a form to you.
Once we receive your completed form you will be contacted by phone and given an appointment in due course. Please DO NOT RING FOR AN APPOINTMENT to register your baby. The Registrar will contact you.
When coming in to register the birth, please be aware of the following:
- If married, only one parent needs to attend, if unmarried and you wish to include the baby’s father’s name, then both parents must attend.
- Please bring a form of ID with you, in case this is required
- Wearing a face covering is optional
- It is preferable that only parent(s) attend the appointment, if possible other children should not be brought to the office
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms or are waiting on Covid-19 test results, DO NOT attend the appointment but please contact the office and another appointment will be re-allocated to you at a future date.
- It is essential to be on time for your appointment as the office is extremely busy all day with appointments. Failure to be on time will mean you may have to reschedule to another date/time.
- Full birth certificate/s (£8.00 per certificate) can be obtained at the time of the registration. Please make payment by card where possible.
When and where should I register?
By law, your baby’s birth must be registered within 42 days of the date of birth.
If the birth took place in Northern Ireland it can be registered in any Registration Office within Northern Ireland.
What will I receive?
Once the registration has been completed, the Registration Team will give you one free short birth certificate and an infant registration form (HS123) to register the baby with your family doctor and obtain a medical card.
Additional birth certificates, either Full (showing parent’s details) or Short (showing only baby’s details), can be purchased at the time of registration for £8 per copy (paid by debit/credit card where possible).
For information on who can register a birth please visit the NI Direct website by clicking here.