Registration Services ***CUSTOMER NOTICE - COVID-19***
Lisburn & Castlereagh Registration Office will be closed on Bank Holiday, Monday 30th August 2021.
Following the new measures introduced by UK Government on Monday 23 March 2020, including the advice to ‘STAY AT HOME’ the Registration Services offered at Lisburn & Castlereagh Registration offices have changed.
Registration of Births
Registration services have put in place measures for recommencing the registration of births in Lisburn Registration Office, Civic Headquarters, Island Civic Centre, Lisburn with a limited number of appointments
Please DO NOT RING FOR AN APPOINTMENT to register your baby. The Registrar will contact you.
Due to COVID-19 we have a large volume of births to register, therefore we are giving priority to parents who live within the district of Lisburn & Castlereagh.
To help reduce the amount of time spent in the office, we would ask you to complete either of the following:
Please complete Birth Registration form by clicking here, save and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unable to fill the form in online you can print it out, complete by hand and return it to the office, either by scanning and email to or by posting it to Lisburn Registration Office, Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council, Civic Headquarters, Lagan Valley Island, Lisburn, BT27 4RL.
If you do not have access to a printer please contact us and we can post a form to you. When we receive your completed form you will be contacted by phone and given an appointment in due course.
Once your completed form has been received, we will contact you in due course to arrange an appointment.
MARRIAGE/CIVIL PARTNERSHIP CEREMONY RESTRICTIONS
- Please be aware that your marriage/civil partnership ceremony must be conducted under the current NI Executive restrictions.
- Numbers at marriage and civil partnership ceremonies will be determined by a risk assessment carried out by the venue.
- Face masks must be worn by all unless exempt, except the couple being married or forming a civil partnership, the registrar/officiant performing the ceremony or children aged 12 and under.
- Up to 10 people from three households (not including children) are permitted in a private dwelling therefore a marriage or civil partnership ceremony can take place if all other guests at the ceremony are from two households with the registrar/officiant being from the third household
- Can take place in a person’s home if one of the parties is terminally ill with up to 10 people in attendance (this includes the couple, two witnesses and the officiant).
- A religious/belief officiant can carry out a marriage ceremony at any location in Northern Ireland, it does not have to be an approved venue. It is the responsibility of the religious/belief officiant to ensure that COVID-19 restrictions are adhered to.
Please call the Registration Office on 028 9244 7263 or email email@example.com with your contact details to discuss options for your marriage or civil partnership arrangements.
Click here for guidance for venues and couples organising weddings, civil partnerships or other celebratory events.
Marriages schedules for religious marriages
We can issue marriage schedules for religious marriages, providing the Marriage Notice period has been completed and marriage restrictions are met.
Marriage schedules cannot be posted out.
One or both of the couple must collect their schedule in person.
Once you are within 2 weeks of your planned wedding date, please contact the office to make arrangements as the facilities are still closed and an appointment will be required to lift your marriage schedule at the Castlereagh Registration Office.
We can only accept new applications for religious and humanist marriage notices by post for those weddings taking place within the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area.
Please download a copy of the marriage notice form using the following link: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/publications/marriage-notice-form and send your original completed forms, along with all relevant documents as per notice forms to: Lisburn Registration Office, Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council, Civic Headquarters, Island Civic Centre, Lisburn, BT27 4RL.
We will accept photocopies of your birth certificates and passports. Once we receive your paperwork we will contact you to take payment by phone.
(We will need to see original documentation when you are collecting your marriage schedule within two weeks of the wedding day).
Please contact the Registration Office by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 028 9244 7263 if you want to give notice for a civil wedding which you have already made a provisional booking for.
From Friday 27 March 2020 the death certificate will be sent by the Doctor by email to the General Registrar’s Office. The Registrar will then contact the next of kin or their funeral director and the death will be registered by phone. There will be no need to attend your local Registrar's office.
If you have any issues please contact your undertaker or Lisburn Registration Office on 028 9244 7263 or email email@example.com
The latest funeral director guidance has been published and can be viewed at https://www.health-ni.gov.uk/sites/default/files/publications/health/interim-guidance-for-funeral-directors.pdf
Please read the attached privacy notice to see how GRO use and protect your personal information at: www.finance-ni.gov.uk/publications/nisra-privacy-notices