What Should I look for When Buying Goods?
When purchasing goods, you should follow The Consumer Code:
1. Only purchase goods from a reputable supplier/shop.
2. Examine goods to see if they carry any safety symbols or signs, eg.
- CE Mark (this should be found on all toys, electrical products and gas appliances)
- BEAB Approval (British Electro Technical Approvals Boards)
- Cigarette/match resistant label on furniture
3. Read all warnings carefully and follow the operating instructions.
4. Keep receipts as proof of purchase.
5. Only use goods or equipment for the purpose for which they are intended.
If in doubt, or if you want advice contact the Council's Environmental Health Service on 028 9244 7300 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org