What Should I do if I think I have bought an unsafe product?

Contact the Environmental Health Service who will investigate the complaint.

The Officer may wish to examine the product.  It will be useful if you still have the receipt or proof of purchase.

The product or similar products may be sent for testing.

The complaint procedure may take several months to complete.  Any subsequent action taken by the Environmental Health Officer will relate to Consumer Protection and safety issues and not to attaining compensation for the complainant.  This is a matter that can be dealt with through your own Solicitor.

If your query or complaint relates to counterfeit goods, faulty goods or those with false or misleading descriptions please contact:

Trading Standards Service Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment
176 Newtownbreda Road

Tel:03001 236262
Web: www.nidirect.gov.uk