skip to main content

Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council PEACE IV

 

Lisburn & Castlereagh Peace IV Programme

The Peace IV Programme aims to reinforce progress towards a peaceful and stable society in Northern Ireland and the border region of Ireland has recently been announced.

This project is 85% financed by the European Union’s European Regional Development Fund, managed by the Special EU Programmes Body, with the Northern Ireland Executive and Irish Government providing the remaining 15%.

The content of the Peace IV programme has been agreed by the Northern Ireland Executive and the Irish Government with the overarching priority of supporting peace and reconciliation and details four objectives:

  • Shared Education
  • Children and Young People
  • Shared Spaces and Services
  • Building Positive Relations 

The indicative financial allocation for Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council is €2,993,262 for 3 of these themes (the Education Authority is delivering the Shared Education Theme) and the Council is putting together a Local Area Action Plan in order to secure this funding. The Local Action Plan is being developed through a series of workshops and consultations with communities, members of the public and key stakeholders.

For further information contact Niamh O’Carolan on Tel: 028 9244 7537.

For more information on the Peace programme: www.seupb.eu  Please click here for a summary Peace IV document.