Water refill stations
Reduce your single use plastic consumption by using our water refill stations at the following locations:-
Lough Moss Leisure Centre
Hillsborough Road, Carryduff,
Belfast BT8 8HR
Get directions to Lough Moss Leisure Centre refill station
Billy Neill MBE Country Park
341 Comber Road,
Belfast BT16 1RQ
Get directions to Billy Neill Soccer Centre of Excellence refill station
Public toilet block, 34 Castle Street,
Lisburn BT27 4XE
Get directions to Castle Gardens refill station
Lagan Valley Island
Lisburn BT27 4RL
Get directions to Lagan Valley Island refill station
Wallace Park Indoor Tennis Centre
Lisburn BT27 4AN
Get directions to Wallace Park Indoor Tennis Centre refill station
Public toilet block,
Moira BT67 0DS
Get directions to Moira Demesne refill station
Did you know, Northern Ireland uses 145 million single use plastic bottles every year? 340 million plastic bottles a year could be saved if just 1 in 10 people refilled just once a week.
We want to encourage everyone to refill a reusable water bottle and to stop buying single-use plastic bottles. By switching to reusable bottles, we can all help reduce plastic waste!
Find out more about the Refillution campaign.
Reusable nappy scheme
Disposable nappies cannot be recycled they must go into your landfill bin. If you have a small baby in your household nappies will make up a large proportion of your waste.
By swapping to reusable nappies parents in Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council can dramatically reduce the amount of waste they put into landfill bins.
We are now offering parents in Lisburn & Castlereagh the opportunity to try reusable nappies for free for two weeks, as well as offering a £30 refund on the cost of buying reusable nappies (when £50 is spent on reusable nappies, terms and conditions apply).
This scheme is open to one application per household, is subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time.
Free two week trial
We are working with The Library Group to offer parents a free two week trial. They will provide you with all you need to give reusable nappies a go. This will help you decide if they are right for you.
A representative from The Library Group will contact you to discuss you requirements, explain how the trial works and arrange a date and time for the nappy pack to be delivered to your home and collected after the trial period ends.
If you decide to use reusable nappies, you can apply for a £30 refund. You must spend £50 or more on reusable nappies, excluding accessories. Parents can buy them from any retailer of their choice, including those online.
To claim your refund you need to complete the application form and return along with your original receipt(s).
Terms and Conditions
- The child must be a permanent resident within the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area.
- The nappy trial period lasts two weeks and nappies must be returned at the end of the trial.
- If taking part in the trial, a representative from The Library Group will contact you to arrange your trial.
- Applicants must spend at least £50 on washable nappies to be eligible for cash back.
- Cash back cannot be paid without the original, itemised receipt(s) /or invoice which includes the date of purchase and confirmation of despatch or delivery. A confirmation of order is not acceptable.
- The nappies must have been bought within 6 months of making the refund application.
- Participation in the nappy trial and refund scheme is considered to be a ‘one off’ and does not constitute any commitment to future support.
- Nappy trials and refunds will be arranged on a first come first serve basis.
- Only one nappy trial and one refund application per household.
- The council may ask you to provide feedback and complete a feedback questionnaire.
- The schemes are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time.
Home composting saves waste and money and gives you a FREE supply of compost to keep your garden BLOOMING year after year.
Home compost is easy to make and provides one of the best quality soil conditioners that you can put on your garden! It's a great way to make use of your garden and kitchen waste such as fruit and vegetable peelings.
Residents of Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council can purchase a compost bin from the council.
Click here to order a home composter
Love Food Hate Waste
For hints, tips and recipes on how to make the best of the food that we buy and save up to £60 a month, visit lovefoodhatewaste.com