Brexit related information that has been provided by central government for ratepayers can be viewed online at www.nidirect.gov.uk/brexit
This online resource covers the most up-to-date advice on a range of issues. In addition, a leaflet is being delivered into every household across Northern Ireland week commencing 7th October week includes Brexit advice and the contact details of organisations who can offer one-to-one advice.
As the UK prepares to leave the EU the Food Standards Agency and Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs has published guidance on the steps your business may need to take. You can find further information from the following websites:
Invest NI, InterTrade Ireland and the NI Chamber have created specific sections on their websites to provide help and information for businesses on Brexit. The UK Government also created an online Brexit readiness tool, as well as guides to importing and exporting.
Invest NI have also compiled a list of frequently asked questions which can be found here.
Further information from other organisations:
- NI Manufacturers: http://www.manufacturingni.org/brexit
- Hospitality sector: https://hospitalityulster.org/hospitality-news/support/Statement-on-Brexit-from-Hospitality-Ulster
- Federation of Small Businesses: https://www.fsb.org.uk/standing-up-for-you/brexit/introduction
The UK Government has guaranteed existing EU funding until the end of 2020, and announced a replacement scheme for EU funding. The written statement and background to the scheme is available on the Parliament website.
- Business Related Grants: https://www.gov.uk/brexit-business-grants
- Grants for businesses that complete customs declarations: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/grants-for-businesses-that-complete-customs-declarations
EU Settlement Scheme
In January 2019, the UK Government announced a settlement scheme for EU citizens and their families. The scheme is designed to allow most EU citizens, who started living in the UK before 31 December 2020, to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.
The deadline for applying for the settlement scheme is 31 December 2020 if the UK leaves the EU without a deal. Details on how to apply are available here.
The Home Office has provided grant funding to community organisations providing EU Settlement Scheme support. These include: