Men's Health Week
Men's Health Week 20167
International Men's Health Week (MHW) run from Monday 12th until Sunday 18th June.
It is celebrated in most European countries, as well as in the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and a number of other places worldwide. The overall aims of MHW are to:
- Heighten awareness of preventable health problems for males of all ages.
- Support men and boys to engage in healthier lifestyle choices / activities.
- Encourage the early detection and treatment of health difficulties in males.
There is certainly a need to do this, as men, in Ireland, experience a disproportionate burden of ill-health and die too young…
- Local men die, on average, four and a half years younger than women do.
- Males have higher death rates than women for all of the leading causes of death.
- Poor lifestyles are responsible for a high proportion of chronic diseases.
- Late presentation to health services leads to a large number of problems becoming untreatable ...
Indeed, while many of these conditions are preventable, their prevalence among men may, in fact, rise in the future.
Please use the links below to find out more about Men’s Health Week 2017 and what will be happening this year www.mhfi.org