Invest in Health Profit in Business
The 'Invest in Health, Profit in Business' initiative aims to work with employers in the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area to encourage their staff to take positive steps to improving their own health and wellbeing, helping to support a more positive work-life balance.
The programme, which was officially launched in March 2012, is FREE to all businesses regardless of size or sector providing they operate within the Council catchment area. Invest in Health, Profit in Business is a progressive and forward-thinking initiative which aims to equip businesses with a pro-active programme of activity that will help them to fulfil the “health” aspect of their Duty of Care.
The aims of the programme are to:
- Improve the overall health & wellbeing of local businesses
- Improved attendance
- Reduced absenteeism
- Increased productivity
Some of the initiatives the programme has been involved with are as follows:
- Establishment of a steering group to oversee and drive the initiative locally. The Invest in Health Profit in Business partnership disseminates information and offers support to partners and local Lisburn & Castlereagh businesses.
- The Invest in Health Profit in Business dedicated business development initiative was delivered by Beth Gibb Associates, and provided one to one support to 20 local businesses and assist with the carrying out of assessments and developing of action plans.
- Training courses, including: Drugs and Alcohol Awareness, [BHF] Healthy Hearts Kit, Domestic Violence Awareness, HeartStart and the ‘Health Champion’ course.
- Business Dodgeball Tournament in the Lagan Valley LeisurePlex held to encourage exercise in local businesses.
- A Small Grant Scheme which was open to any business or employer within the council area who wished to implement healthy workplace initiatives.
- Sponsorship of participants in the Lisburn Fun Run.
The following organisations are members of the partnership group: