We understand that growing your business can be challenging and sometimes you need a helping hand or advice.
The Business Solutions Team provides a full range of business development programmes to support business growth in the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area. It does not matter what stage your business is at, we can support you along the way.
14-2020) Programme (EUIGJ) Local Economic Development Measure.
Mentor Growth Programme
Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council’s Mentor Growth Programme enables local businesses to access essential business knowledge, expertise and impartial advice in areas including: sales & marketing development, strategic planning, digital marketing, branding and financial management through the provision of 1 to 1 mentoring; signposting support; workshops and networking opportunities. Businesses can avail of either 2 days, 3 days or 5 days of free mentoring support
The Mentor Growth programme aims to:
- Support the creation of new sustainable jobs in the council area
- Refer businesses to Invest NI that are capable of accessing financial support from Invest NI.
- Strengthen the local business base by assisting businesses to become more competitive in indigenous and export markets
- Promote business growth and innovation
- Provide accessible, need driven business support that is tailored to business requirements
- Engage with key business support stakeholders to develop a portfolio approach to business support in the council area, ensuring that there is no duplication of effort.
Mentors are available right now to help your business. They are selected based on the business needs to enable them to share appropriate advice, skills and knowledge from a range of specialisms including:
- Strategic planning
- Financial management, including accessing funding
- Marketing & Sales
- IP and Legal issues
- Research and Development
- Business Efficiency
- Ecommerce and SEO
Who Can Apply?
Small to medium sized businesses with a registered business address in the Lisburn and Castlereagh City area.
Terms and Conditions
This project is part funded by Invest Northern Ireland and the European Regional Development Fund under the Investment for Growth & Jobs Northern Ireland (2014-2020) Programme and is available to new start-up or existing businesses with a registered business address in the Lisburn & Castlereagh City area.
Businesses can access either 1.5 days, 3 days or 5 days free mentoring. Support will be dependent on the growth potential of the business and Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council will determine the number of days that will be awarded.
Mentoring is allocated on a per business basis.
All mentoring must be completed before the programme end date.
Only mentors approved by Lisburn and Castlereagh City Council will be used in the mentoring process.
Lisburn and Castlereagh City Council will not accept liability for advice given by independent advisers.