Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council has kicked off their latest Sports Development project called Every Body Active 2020.
The project aims to get everybody ‘more active, more often’ through an enjoyable schedule of sport and physical activity programmes, which are tailored to meet the needs of children & young people, adults, women & girls and people with disabilities.
- Step up Walking Challenge - Get walking while the kids at afterschool sports programmes
- Couch to 5K - Running programme
- Fitness Boot Camps - A fitness boot camp is a group physical training programme
- Sports Academies - Working in conjunction with local sports clubs to deliver taster session in various sports
- Back on your Bike - Cycling programme designed for participants who haven't cycled in years and want to gain confidence and skills to cycle again
- Para – Sports Disability Hub - For people with Physical and/or Sensory disabilities
- School Sports Programme - Coaching programme in schools delivering various sports and providing resources to pupils and teachers so that involvement in these sports can be sustained by the school
AND MUCH MORE!
Continually developing and creating new sport, physical activity and health programmes and initiatives so that people can ‘Be Active, Stay Active’
For further information on programmes, please contact the Every Body Active 2020 Team on 028 9081 1969 or email email@example.com