Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council is pleased to bring you an opportunity to benefit from our organic food & garden waste brown bin recycling service, by offering community groups & schools free compost for use on a non-profit project within the Council area.
Organic food and garden waste recycled through the brown bin service is taken to a local recycling facility where it is shredded, and left to compost for approximately 8 weeks. The final product is a high quality compost.
As supplies of compost are limited, compost will be allocated on a “first come, first served” basis on request from groups based within the Council area. Applicants must be prepared to assist the Council in promoting their project to the wider community with the aim of highlighting the benefits of composting food and garden waste.
In order to apply for this scheme please send your school or community group name, address and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org Successful applicants must comply with the eligibility criteria below.
- This offer only applies to schools and community groups
- Projects must be non-profit
- Compost is allocated on a ‘first come, first served’ basis
- All participants must agree to their scheme being promoted by the Council from the perspective of disseminating the message regarding materials from local households being composted and used to help schemes within the community.
- An application form must be completed and returned to the Council
- Council can arrange for the delivery of the compost, however each group must ensure suitable access to the delivery point