LCCC Young Artist of the Year Award 2023

– Introduction
– Guidance notes:
   – Who can apply? - eligibility 
   – Conditions
   – Application process


The LCCC Young Artist of the Year Award is designed to support the development of young local artists aged 16-25 working in any art form.  A financial award of up to £1000 will be made, to one individual artist, to support arts projects, residencies or approved study over and above full-time second or third level education.  

The award may also cover the purchase of specialised equipment/materials or travel and attendance at arts events outside of Northern Ireland. All activities, which are grant-aided through this award, must contribute to the individual career development of the young artist and/or arts development in the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area. All art forms are eligible for consideration including music, visual art, drama, dance, film making and multimedia.



This Young Artist of the Year Award is an annual one-off award of up to £1000. 

Awards will be paid out in two stages.  An initial award of 60% of the total amount will be paid on acceptance of the award with the remaining 40% payable on submission of a completed post-activity report and invoice.

Guidance notes:
Who can apply? - eligibility

The Young Artist of the Year Award is open to those aged 16-25.  Young artists must demonstrate sufficient artistic ability to carry out the planned activity and must also have been born in, or be currently resident in the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area.

Applicants must be able to demonstrate high levels of individual achievement within their art form.  The benefits for arts development within Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area will also be assessed.


  • The successful applicant must accept in writing any award given and submit a relevant acceptance form within two weeks of the date of the letter.  In the event of this deadline not being adhered to, the offer may be withdrawn.
  • A post activity evaluation report must be completed.
  • The award must be acknowledged on any print material associated with the activity, the official Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council logo must also be used.  The logo will be supplied along with instructions of use.
  • The successful applicant must make provision, if requested, for Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council to display promotional pop-up stand/s where appropriate at the activity in acknowledgement for the award.
  • Reference must be made to Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council’s support in any press releases, other publicity or activity associated with the award.
  • The successful applicant must co-operate fully with Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council’s monitoring and evaluation processes.
  • The award must be used within one year of the date on the letter of offer, unless otherwise agreed.
  • All funding from Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council must be used for the purpose for which the application was made.  If any change is to occur in relation to the activity, for which the funding has been awarded, Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council must be informed immediately.  Any circumstances where this stipulation is not adhered to satisfactorily, Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council may insist on full repayment of the funding allocated.
  • The successful applicant may be required to invite a representative from Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council to any activity related to the award.
  • The successful applicant must agree to participate in publicity opportunities connected to the award, as arranged by Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council, and be responsible for any attendance costs.

Application process

  • Applications for the Young Artist of the Year Award will be accepted on the official application form only.
  • Individual applicants may be required to present details in person to the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council panel, if requested as part of a shortlisting process.
  • All applicants will be informed in writing of the decision of the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council award panel. The decision is final.  Feedback may be offered if requested, however, there is no appeals process.

Apply online