LCCC Connecting You Device Scheme
Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council has launched a small scheme to provide 80 tablets and some temporary data bundles to those in its area that need help accessing the internet. This is part of our commitment to address digital exclusion in the whole council area. We expect this scheme to be oversubscribed and we will assess the applications to ensure there is a fair distribution of the devices and temporary data bundles across the seven District Electoral Areas (DEAs).
Residents can apply for a mobile tablet and/or temporary data.
Recipients will, if required, receive support getting connected and be shown how to use some popular apps or email. This project is delivered in partnership with DfC, SERC, Libraries NI, NIHE and EANI.
Please note, this form can be completed by a possible recipient or on their behalf. All recipients must be residents of Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council.
Who can apply? - eligibility
This scheme is open to individuals who are:
- Aged 65+
- In receipt of benefits. You will be asked to select all that you are in receipt of at the time of application.
- Received a shielding/clinically vulnerable letter
- Currently in further education
- Currently in full-time education
This scheme offer local residents to opportunity to get connected with family and friends, shop online, participate in medical appointments or complete their educational studies. We want to tackle social isolation and digital poverty.
Applications will be assessed and awarded across all seven District Electoral Areas (DEAs) of the council. This is not a first-come, first served scheme.
NB. A device or temporary data will ONLY be available to individuals based in the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area that meet the above eligibility criteria.
Before applying, please check that:
- you need access to a mobile tablet or temporary data;
- you meet one or more of the eligibility criteria;
- you have completed every question on your Application Form;
- if applying on behalf of someone else that you have their consent to do so;
- you can provide all the information we ask for as part of the application process.
Once your application is received, we will:
- Perform an Eligibility Check on your application and then assess it against the criteria to best address digital exclusion across all seven DEAs in Lisburn Castlereagh. Our community partners will assist in the assessment;
- Contact you with questions should we need to, so please keep a copy of your application form for your reference;
- Not assess your application if it is incomplete.
If your application is successful, we will:
Send you a Conditional Offer and our Terms & Conditions of the scheme by email week commencing 17th May for you to sign and return to the council;
Once we have received your signed Terms and Conditions we will:
Deliver your mobile tablet and/or temporary data and arrange a session with SERC to help you get connected with your new device.
If your application is unsuccessful, we will:
Contact you by email informing you of the reasons why your application has not been successful, for which there is no right of appeal.