GETTING RID OF LARGE UNWANTED HOUSEHOLD ITEMS
Before you ask us to collect an unwanted item, can you get rid of it another way?
- If it's in good condition, is it possible that you may be able to give it to someone who could use it?
- You can take it to your nearest recycling centre. Please click here for a list of the recycling centres
If you are not able to take large unwanted household items to the recycling centre, the Council can collect these items from your home.
- To arrange a collection please click here. Alternatively you can telephone: 028 9267 3417
- The Council will collect up to 3 items at one time - Free of Charge.
- A maximum of 3 Free of Charge collections will be provided, per household, per year.
- Additional collections will incur a charge of £10 for up to three items to be applied to all households. This payment is non-refundable and must be made in advance of the collection.
PLEASE NOTE - WE DON'T COLLECT:
- Items that are too big or heavy for two people to move and lift safely into a vehicle, e.g. American style fridges.
- Items that are dangerous to lift, or could damage a vehicle, because of sharp edges.
- Dangerous waste like asbestos, chemicals or paint stripper.
- Waste left in your home by building or repair work.
- Permanent fixtures of the house eg. laminated flooring, kitchen worktops, window frames, doors, conservatories, oil boilers, radiators etc This list is not exhaustive.
- Garden waste or structures eg Grass, fencing, greenhouses, sheds or petrol lawn mowers.
- Tyres, gas canisters, car batteries, parts or engines.
- Fridge-freezers over 6ft.
- Slide robes.
- Oil tanks
For all other enquiries please email: email@example.com.