Food Waste Restriction from Landfill
From the 1st April 2017, Lisburn & Castlereagh City are asking householders to use their brown bin for food waste. From 1st May 2017, Landfill bins found to contain food waste will have a notice placed on their bin informing them that it should go in the brown bin.
- On the day of collection bins should be presented at the kerbside/curtilage of your property with the handles facing out and the lid closed. Refuse collection services commence at 7am with some areas starting earlier dependent upon location and traffic conditions. Residents will be notified by mail drop of any changes to collection times. Residents are asked to take into account access on collection days by showing consideration when parking.
- All bins are to have closed lids and no additional side waste will be collected except in exceptional circumstances (adverse weather, vehicle breakdown, road closures)
A residual waste collection is provided on a fortnightly collection.
Items that do not go into the black bin are as follows:
- Garden waste - please click here
- DIY waste (e.g. rubble, paint cans, plasterboard) – please click here
- Recyclables - for what should go in recycling bins and kerbie boxes please click here
- Food waste - please click here
- The Council do not sell Black bins - To purchase a black bin please contact your local Hardware store
|What can go in your Landfill/General Waste Bin|
|Plastic or padded envelopes|
|Plastic bags, film or wrap|
|Plastic toy packaging|
|Plastic wrappers and plastic film|