The landfill bin is for non- recyclable waste only.
Food waste and the mixed recyclable waste listed below are not permitted in landfill bins.
Your landfill bin may not be emptied if any of these items are observed in the bin.
- On the day of collection bins should be presented at the kerbside/curtilage of your property with the handles facing out and the lid closed. Refuse collection services commence at 6am (to meet operational requirements). Residents will be notified by mail drop of any changes to collection times. Residents are asked to take into account access on collection days by showing consideration when parking.
- All bins are to have closed lids and no additional side waste will be collected except in exceptional circumstances (adverse weather, vehicle breakdown, road closures)
A residual waste collection is provided on a fortnightly collection.
Items that do not go into the black bin are as follows:
- Garden waste - please click here
- DIY waste (e.g. rubble, paint cans, plasterboard) – please click here
- Recyclables - for what should go in recycling bins and kerbie boxes please click here
- Food waste - please click here
- The Council do not sell Black bins - To purchase a black bin please contact your local Hardware store
|What can go in your Landfill/General Waste Bin|
|Plastic or padded envelopes|
|Plastic bags, film or wrap|
|Plastic toy packaging|
|Plastic wrappers and plastic film|
|Disposable coffee cups|