Disposable nappies cannot be recycled. They must go into your landfill bin, so if you have a small baby in your household, nappies will make up a large proportion of your waste.
By swapping to reusable nappies parents in Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council can dramatically reduce the amount of waste they put into landfill bins.
We are now offering parents in Lisburn & Castlereagh the opportunity to try reusable nappies for free for two weeks, as well as offering a £30 refund on the cost of buying reusable nappies (when £50 is spent on reusable nappies, terms and conditions apply).
This scheme is open to one application per household, is subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time.
if you have any questions please contact the Council on 028 9250 9453 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be a support group meeting in Workshop 4, ISLAND Arts Centre on the second Wednesday of each month (Jan - June 2017) from 10.30am - 1.30pm starting on the 11th January and on Wednesday 5th July 2017.
Free two week trial
We are working with the ‘The Library Group’ to offer parents a free two week trial.
They will provide you with all you need to give reusable nappies a go. This will help you decide if they are right for you.
A representative from the Library will contact you to discuss you requirements, explain how the trial works and arrange a date and time for the nappy pack to be delivered to your home and collected after the trial period ends.
If you would like to participate in the trial or just want to discuss it further, please email: email@example.com or to proceed with your application please fil in the form located here and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 028 9250 9453.
If you decide to use reusable nappies, you can apply for a £30 refund. You must spend £50 or more on reusable nappies, excluding accessories. Parents can buy them from any retailer of their choice, including those online.
In order to claim your refund, you will need to complete the application form and return along with the original receipt(s).
Terms and Conditions
- The child must be a permanent resident within the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council boundary.
- The expectant mother in receipt of a Mat B1 form.
- The nappy trial period lasts two weeks and nappies must be returned at the end of the trial.
- If taking part in the trial, a representative from ‘The Library Group’ will contact you to arrange your trial.
- Applicants must spend at least £50 on washable nappies to be eligible for cash back.
- Cash back cannot be paid without the original, itemised receipt(s) which include date of purchase.
- The nappies must have been bought within 6 months of making the refund application.
- Participation in the nappy trial and refund scheme is considered to be a ‘one off’ and does not constitute any commitment to future support.
- Nappy trials and refunds will be arranged on a first come first serve basis.
- Only one nappy trial and one refund application per household.
- Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council may ask you to provide feedback and complete a feedback questionnaire.
- The schemes are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time.