Mayor to host Charity Auction in aid of local foodbanks
April 29, 2021
The Mayor of Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council has joined forces with Altona Auctions to host a special charity auction in aid of his mayoral charities, Lisburn Foodbank and Dundonald Foodbank. The Mayor is aiming to raise vital funds for the two charities through an online charity auction that is taking from Monday 10th – Wednesday 19th May.
A variety of auction items will go under the hammer that have been kindly donated by local companies and individuals. Items include; a Dave Mawhinney painting, a Harry Styles knitted cardigan, 200 litres of oil, £100 McCalls Voucher and lots more.
The Mayor, Councillor Nicholas Trimble, is encouraging everyone to get involved, he said:
“I am delighted to announce our online charity auction with Altona Auctions to raise funds for my chosen charities. I would like to thank the Altona team for offering their time and services free of charge to deliver the online auction.
“I want to encourage you to get involved and to place a bid on your favourite items during the 10th- 19th May. 100% of all proceeds will be donated equally between the Lisburn and Dundonald foodbanks.
“Their community outreach work has been invaluable to local residents during the COVID-19 pandemic and I want to raise as much as possible to continue their great work in the local area. Your contribution and support is greatly appreciated.”
Stephen Henry, Owner of Altona Auctions, said:
“We are delighted to be partnering with Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council to host this charity auction on behalf of the Mayor. We are fully aware of the amazing work being carried out by the two local food banks and as a local business, we want to support their charity efforts.
“With all proceeds going to both nominated charities, this is an excellent opportunity for bidders to get their hands on some very exciting lots whilst helping to raise vital funds for two very worthy charities.”
The online charity auction will be hosted via the Altona Auctions website. To submit a bid, simply log online to www.easyliveauction.com/altonaauctions. See the full list of auction items below. For more up to date information, visit our Council Facebook page here.
- Painting by Dave Mawhinney – Leaving Port - Atlas Women’s Centre
- The Wool Nook - Hand knit cardigan – Harry Styles design
- McCalls £100.00 gift voucher
- Picnic Basket donated by Smyth Pattersons
- Greens Foodfare £20 voucher
- 200 litres of oil from Lagan Oils
- Floral Arrangement donated by Lamonts Flower Shop
- Staffordshire Pottery Ornament
- 4 boxes containing 12 tubs of “Superchip Gravy” valued at £35 each box
- Bottle of Hinch Distillery Ninth Wave Gin & Irish Whiskey
- Presentation Gift box of 9 – 50ml bottles of Premium Whiskey with 2 glasses
- Four-Ball voucher for Lisburn Golf Club
- Damask Linen tablecloth & napkins donated by the Irish Linen Centre
- Afternoon Tea for two at La Mon Hotel