Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council to switch on the Christmas lights.
November 15, 2022
Mayor Councillor Scott Carson and our special guest Santa Claus will turn on the Christmas lights in Market Square, Lisburn on Thursday 17 November from 6:45pm.
Mayor Carson will be joined on stage by local acts including Lisburn Rock Choir led by musician and singer Clare Galway, Beechlawn School Makaton Choir and Tiny Nelson Productions will be supported by ISLAND Youth Theatre with a playful, magical performance of ‘The Toy Shop’, all under the big screen in the City Centre.
After the official switch-on, James Huish will swoon the crowd both young and old with dulcet renditions of Christmas classics in a Michael Buble swing style, getting everyone in a festive mood.
DJ Glen Pavis will host the evening and there will be street entertainers to greet you as you get those early presents in the City Centre shops.
Also, there will be a sensory friendly workshop available at the Irish Linen Centre and Lisburn Museum during the event. All places MUST be booked in advance by either ringing 028 9266 3377 or email Ilc.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry to the switch on is free and large numbers are expected so please arrive in plenty of time with some road closures in place.
Access for vehicles into City Centre along Castle Street, Bridge Street and Railway Street will be restricted from 5.30pm to 8.30pm with diversions in operation.
Visitors can use the following Council City Centre car parks: Antrim Street, Barrack Street, Governors Road, Laganbank Road, Longstone Street, Queen's Road, Smithfield Square East, Benson Street and Quay Street.
Accesible parking for blue badge holders will be available in Seymour Street car park opposite the Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service and a British Sign Language Interpreter will be on stage throughout the event.
‘Christmas Switch On’ 17th November 2022 Terms and Condition of Entry
Entertainment from 18:45pm
Event closes at 20:15pm.
- Flags, emblems or other paraphernalia of a political, sectarian or racial or partisan nature will not be permitted on-site.
- Alcohol is not permitted on-site and will not be sold on-site.
- Young people under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times.
- No bicycles permitted on-site.
- No glass, or naked flames permitted on-site.
- Unauthorised charity collections, leafleting or other promotional activity are not permitted within the site
- Please be aware that Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council will have an official photographer onsite. Each attendee entering the site to ‘Christmas Switch On’, hereby grants to Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council an exclusive, absolute and irrevocable worldwide assignment in perpetuity in the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the attendee obtained at the event and grants to Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council the right to use and publish such content in any and all media. The attendee hereby releases Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council from any and all liability from such use and promotion. The attendee hereby authorises the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, electronic storage and/or distribution of said photographs/film/video tapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings without limitation at the discretion of Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council. The attendee specifically waives any right to any compensation they may have for appearing in any of the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the attendees at ‘Christmas Switch On’.
- Once on-site you assume all risk of injury and all responsibility for property loss, destruction or theft, and release organisers, sponsors, performers, venue and their employees from any liability.
- As per legislation, UAVs/drones should not be operated within or in the vicinity of the City Centre. In such cases PSNI will be notified and further action will be taken.
- Parking is not available onsite; please use the public car parks within the area.
- Please note Parking for Blue Badge holders is available in the Seymour Street car park (opposite NIFRS).
- While the event site is accessible; we would ask that you take caution underfoot.
- It is anticipated that this outdoor event will happen regardless of weather conditions, so please dress accordingly. However in extreme conditions it may be necessary to cancel the event.
- Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council reserves the right to make any alterations to the advertised details for the event.