*Let’s Work Together*
March 24, 2020
The council would call on its residents so that together we can #FightBack at COVID-19 and continue to deliver essential frontline services.
During these times it is very important that we can continue to collect household waste. To support this critical work can you please follow these points:
- Try and minimise your household waste as best you can and recycle as much material as possible including food and garden waste in the containers provided.
- Continue to use good personal hygiene when delivering your bin to the kerbside for 6am and collecting your bin again. Please if possible clean the handle of your bin or boxes to prevent the spread of #Covid19 and keep yourself, your neighbours and our workers safe.
- If there are lots of cars parked in your street or cul-de-sac please consider leaving all your bins down to a communal area that will be accessible to our refuse collection vehicles. This will allow us to empty them on the designated day.
- Important Waste Collection Information: If you or someone in your house either has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) or thinks that they may have it, use your usual household products, such as detergents and bleach, to clean and get rid of the virus on frequently-touched surfaces - these will be very effective. Personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths can be stored securely within disposable rubbish bags. These bags should then be placed into a second bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste in the room in which you are self-isolating. Keep these bags aside for at least 72 hours before putting into your usual external black/ grey household waste bin. Other household waste can be disposed of as normal.
- Please understand that we will continue to try and service all households but there is a high possibility that with staff disruption some of our services will be interrupted.