Customer care

Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council aims to provide an effective and efficient service to all its ratepayers and customers.

If on occasions, the service is not as you would expect, the Council would like to know about it.

How do I make a complaint, comment or compliment?

Make a complaint, comment or compliment online

Complete a complaints, comments and compliments form (PDF) and send it to Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council, Chief Executive's Office, FREEPOST, RTST-LJKZ-JRXY, BT27 4RL

Email us at: 

or telephone: 028 9244 7559.

What happens to my complaint?

Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council aims to resolve complaints as efficiently and effectively as possible. On receipt of your complaint it will be directed to the appropriate department. You will be advised within five working days that your complaint has been received, how it is progressing and if it has been resolved. If the matter cannot be resolved within the five working days you will be advised of this and you will be given a target date by which you will receive a full response.

What if I am not satisfied with the response?

Should you not be satisfied with the full response when you receive it, you can have the matter reviewed by the Director of the Department concerned.

Following the review by the Director, if you are still unhappy with the final response you can pursue the matter by contacting:

N.I. Public Services Ombudsman
Progressive House
33 Wellington Place
Tel: 028 9023 3821

The Commissioner will expect complainants to exhaust the Council's procedure before carrying out any investigations.

Making a Complaint about the Conduct of a Councillor

All elected representatives serving on Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council must observe the Northern Ireland Local Government Code of Conduct for Councillors (the Code).

This Code sets out principles and rules of conduct which councillors must observe. 

Should you have evidence that a councillor may have breached the Code of Conduct you can complain to the Northern Ireland Local Government Commissioner for Standards (the Commissioner).  The Commissioner is independent of government and the Council and investigations are conducted at no cost to complainants. 

You can obtain a complaint form, further information about making a complaint, and a copy of the Code from the Commissioner’s website.