Entertainment Licence Application

If you provide, or want to provide entertainment at a location within the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area, you must have a valid entertainment licence.

This applies to private and public functions regardless of admission charge. An entertainment licence is required if admission to a public area is restricted by tickets or armbands for an event. Some exemptions may apply for religious occasions and some school circumstances

You must be 18 years old or older to apply for a licence The type of licence you may require will depend on the type of entertainment. The Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) (NI) Order 1985 requires that any premises providing entertainment must have an Entertainment Licence.

For further advice on types of entertainment, fees and how to apply please click here.