Lisburn Switch OnThursday 23 November 2023 Market Square, Lisburn
Date: Thursday 23rd November
Time: 6pm to 7.30pm
- Entertainment will start at 6.00pm with music from Dynamic Brass and walkabout entertainers
- From 7pm the Grinch will take to the stage. There will be music from Anahilt Primary School Choir and a Frozen singalong
- Mayor Gowan and Santa will arrive with the assistance of the popular ‘Grassmen’ at 7.20pm and the big switch on will take place at approximately 7.30pm
- An Enchanted Lantern Walk will leave Market Square and make its way up and through Castle Gardens from 7.30pm
- NI Concert Band will play in Market Square until 8.30pm for those who choose to stay in the city centre
The last entry to Castle Gardens will be 8.45pm. Castle Gardens will close at 9.30pm. *Please be advised assistance dogs only at our switch on event and in Castle Gardens on the 23rd November.
Once again, the Light Festival will also be part of this event and the lights will sparkle for three shows at the Christmas Tree and the Light Canopy from the 24th November.
“On offer this year are a variety of free events starting with our Christmas Switch On in Lisburn City Centre on 23rd November, which will see all the festive lights start to brighten up the Lisburn and Castlereagh area.
"Following the switching on of the Christmas lights across Lisburn and Castlereagh there will be an Enchanted Lantern Walk from Market Square to Castle Gardens. We look forward to you joining us.
"Our Christmas programme is supported by the great partnership working between us and our local businesses and community groups.
"There really is a true Christmas spirit in Lisburn and Castlereagh this year. So let us mark the occasion together at what can be a very difficult time for people for a variety of reasons."
The Mayor, Councillor Andrew Gowan